Monday, June 20, 2011

One word: weeding.

Today's task was weeding the 22 rows of onions by hand.  We still have 4 to go.

I created a feast for lunch today centered around the one veggie that we have an abundance of at the moment: Radishes.  I made homemade corn tortillas, topped them with beans, taco meat, corn, scallions, salsa, and radishes with a splash of lime juice.  There was a radish salad with honey, soy sauce, and sunflower seeds, sauteed radish greens, and radish chips (those didn't really turn out).  I even cut up radishes and froze them in ice cube trays for our waters.  It was pretty epic.

Rick and Joan, the parents, came for a brief farm tour and hang out yesterday afternoon.  I gave them the full tour of the gardens and animals along with a few samples of cheese that I made earlier this week.

I'm feeling a bit under the weather as I write this and am going to call it a night.

PS:  Oh, got my camera battery charger in the mail today!!  (Thanks mom!) Picture time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment